May 6, 2011

Welcome!

Hello,

I took some time off from documenting my thoughts and have realized there are many beautiful things that I hope to never forget - so I decided to start this blog! Making the move across the country in 2010 taught me a lot about myself and allowed me to develop a greater understanding of what being blissful really means.

Happiness, to me, is about living in the moment, surrounding yourself with people who engage your soul, and slowing down to appreciate what's there instead of focusing on what's not.

Photography has always been a hobby of mine The amount of photos I have stacked in boxes and albums, or saved as digital files in enormous. These photos span events and people from my childhood to present day.  Last holiday, my boyfriend gifted me a lovely Nikon D-90 camera to expand my hobby into something more serious.  While I am still learning its functions, I decided to enroll in a class at 3rd Ward to learn more about digital editing. Third Ward is a membership based creative workspace with a photography studio, wood/metal workshop, and jewelry studio. They offer classes and use of their facilities, plus you get a free bike with membership!

I also intend to share the transition from easy-going CA to the place I have wanted to live for over 10 years, recipes from our CSA membership, and  photographs of places, people and things I have grown to love.

Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. I am now a stalker of your blog! Andy and I are always thinking that it must be harder for a Californian to relocate to New York than vice versa, so it's great to see how quickly you've adapted and how much you're enjoying your new home. It was meant to be... I look forward to reading more about your adventures :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...