June 9, 2011

Stonehome Wine Bar



I met a friend last night at Stonehome, a lovely wine bar in the heart of Fort Greene. We sat in their garden patio, and enjoyed a few glasses of their refreshing white wines. Their wine list is extensive, with over 300 bottles to choose from and a selection of wines by the glass or flight. With endless options, I chose the Italian white wine flight and was most impressed with the fruity/almond flavors of the Sannio Falanghina.


Italian Wine Flight

La Battistina, Gavi, Piedmont, Italy 2008
Mastroberardino, Sannio Falanghina, Campania, Italy 2007
Livon, Pinot Grigio, Collio, Friuli, Italy 2007

Laura had the cheese sampler plate which consisted of an English Stilton, Californian Midnight Moon Pasteurized Goat, and a Spanish Soft Goat Cheese, served with a sliced baguette. I will definitely be going back to try more wine!

1 comment:

  1. That's so weird! I'm almost never in Fort Greene, but a friend was in town and we decided to go to the Brooklyn Flea. We got horribly lost in the process and as we were wandering around, I saw this place. I remember thinking it looked really cute. I'd be happy to go back with you sometime if you need to try a few more wines and cheeses :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...