June 9, 2011

Berry time!

I was so delighted to receive something new at this weeks CSA pickup: A bucket full of freshly picked strawberries. With the stems still on, these red, vitamin-c packed berries have been fueling our meals all week. With some sliced ones in the freezer for later use, I plan to use a few cups to make strawberry butter with my friend Laura. I will post the recipe on here soon.


Until then, it is strawberries and granola, strawberries and brie, and sprinkled on top of coffee ice cream. New York temperatures decided to skyrocket in the last few days, so Jackson, Pablo and I are doing our best to stay cool during the day.



On a side note: Our cats are oddly intrigued by kitchen activities. Lately, Pablo has been stealing strawberries out of the bucket and as far as I can tell, using them like a toy. Even though it feels like a sauna in the loft, Jackson still likes to lay in the sun...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...